Sunday, February 3, 2008

Telling Mel How I (gulp) Feel

It was December, first year we were going out. Or January... ok, I don't remember the date but it was cold and snowy, so winter, right? At my suggestion we're walking along the riverwalk, the snow glowing warm in the lamplight. The wind, on the other hand...
And I suggested we walk down here because I have something important to say, but being a coward or a Wagnerian, I need the full support of a romantic environment to say it.
"Mel, I have something to tell you."
"What?"
"See... if I tell you and you are displeased, I'm going to have to run away and jump in the river. Which I expect would be very cold"
"Well how I have something to tell you, so how about we say it at the same time?"
"Deal"
"3"
"2"
"1"
"I love you"

(note: some of you are writhing on the floor, overcome by the combined force of corn, cheese and/or sweetness. while I do not apologize for the contents of this post (or my love of mel) the following link will take you a first aid training site, instructing you in basic recovery posture until emergency response personnel can arrive at your location with transfusions of cynicism and bitterness)

1 comment:

James Firby said...

Ach! Must... fight... corn/cheese/sweetness...erk ...can't... hold out...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!

Matt, seriously, you two are so sweet, you just gave me diabetes.

And coming from a guy who used to drink liquid sugar, that's saying something!