Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting close ...

I cannot believe that the cycle of wedding "events" is under way! I had my stagette last weekend (thank you SO MUCH to everyone who came out, it was such a blast!) and this weekend Matt's sister Meredith is hosting a shower for me. It's so weird to think of myself as having a shower - don't I just go to those things for other people who are getting married? Weird! Matt is getting taken out by the boys for the stag ... we'll see how that turns out - should I be afraid?

On the 6th is the social. Be sure to check out the event on Facebook. For those who have avoided this addictive site, the social will be in Holland MB, about an hour outside of Winnipeg. You can get tickets from any of the bridal party (see past post introducing the crew on this blog) or by contacting Matt and myself (mtenbruggencate@gmail.com or mel.marginet@gmail.com - or call, but I'm not posting my phone number!)

After that, it's time for the crazy weekend to begin! I'm so glad Matt and I have decided to keep everything low-key and relaxed, it's definitely kept the stress down. And, seriously, is all the details don't come together "perfectly" is anyone really going to notice? All we need is good food, good friends and good fun, and I'm sure with our guest list and amazing caterer, we're sure to have ALL of the above.

That said, I did check my "to do" list and realized I forgot a few things. Always have a list - they'll save you in the end!

No comments: